Welcome Our January Guest CT

We have a guest ct on Adriana's team for the month of January. Please help me to welcom Meleah. We asked her to tell use a little about herself and this is what she had to say.



1. Did you paper scrap first or go straight to digital? How long have you been scrapping?
I did paper scrapping first and have done that for about 14 years (I still love paper scrapping)

2. What is your strongest scrapping skill on your layouts? Your weakest?
I think my strongest skill is taking a themed kit and using it for something unexpected. My weakest thing is clustering and lots of embellishments. Love how others turn out, but when I try, ugh, what a mess.

3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping?
Start slow, try some freebie kits (but don't go crazy downloading free stuff) and templates find out the style you like and go from there.

4. Describe how you scrap. What program do you use? Where do you start first? Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? How long does it take you to complete a layout?
I use Photoshop CS3. I usually have an idea of what I want, but then I let myself be creative and see how it ends up. Some layouts have taken as little as 15 minutes and some as long as an hour or more depending on how much of a perfectionist I'm being.

5. What is your perfect scrapping enviroment?
I usually scrap with my favorite music of the moment playing (if I'm home alone, then my favorite music is blasting)

6. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping?
 I mostly just spend time with my family. When I have down time I like to read and take pictures.

7. What is one thing you would love to do and haven't - just so you could scrap it?
I have no idea. I'd really like to travel abroad more and take tons of pictures (which means tons of scrapbooking!)

8. Is there anyone in the scrapping community who inspires you?
Not really one person, but I love to look around the galleries and other blogs and find layouts that I love and use them for inspiration.

9. If you could have Adriana create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why?
I love all of Adriana's kits, they are always so fun and full of life. I would love to see something old fashioned and vintage in feeling.

Meleah was kind enough to share some of her layouts with us.

First Layout - was terrible! I have since did a revamp of this layout


Favorite Layout - I stepped out of my norm and extracted part of a photo


Layout using Adriana's Cafe products - I created a layout using Softly of my nephew camping and it is one of my all time favorite layouts.


Most Recent Layout - I made a blanket for my niece as sort of a joke with her dad. I love it (both the blanket and the layout!)


Be sure to check out Meleah's gallery and blog for more of her creations. While you are there remember to leave her some love.

Comments