Adriana's Guest CT for November


Please help Adriana's Cafe welcome her November Guest CT Kristal. We asked Kristal to answer some questions and show you some of her layouts so you can get to know her better. Besure to check out Krista's galleries for more wonderful layouts by her.

1. Did you paper scrap first or go straight to digital? How long have you been scrapping?
I paper scrapped first. I started when I was just a preteen. My mom had made memory books for all her kids and I kept up with the tradition. I started out with just cardstock, funky edge scissors and stickers! I have been digitally scrapping since March of 2010.
2. What is your strongest scrapping skill on your layouts? Your weakest?
My weakest is a lot easier to pick out! Isn't that always the way! I have just recently started to play with shadowing. I am learning a ton and feel like my layouts have improved but have a long way to go still! Strongest....hmm. I think one of the things that really makes my layouts stand out are the pictures! Not because I am a great photographer, but because my subjects are so adorable! They make is relatively easy to get great pictures to scrap! Plus I take a TON! LOL!
3. What advice would you give someone just starting out digi-scrapping?
Start with the basics. It can be overwhelming if you try to do it all. Also, don't compare your layouts to other. Get inspiration of course but make your layouts yours and be proud of them!
4. Describe how you scrap. What program do you use? Where do you start first? Do you always have something in mind when you start, or do you let your creativity guide you? How long does it take you to complete a layout?
I use Photoshop to create my layouts. I am self taught so still learning all the amazing things it can do! I almost always start with pictures! I will either choose a kit that fits the pictures I want to scrap or choose pictures that fit the kit I want. Then I will decide where I want the photos on the layout and build from there. Lately I have discovered the wonder of templates and love them as a starting point to help give me a vision of what I want. It normally takes me about 1-2 hours to make a layout. Sometimes more or less depending on the complexity of the layout and the attention span of my daughters!
5. What is your perfect scrapping environment?
It would be at night when my girls are sleeping. However, since by the time they are in bed I am usually ready for bed too most of my scrapping is during nap time during the day!
6. What's your favorite thing to do BESIDES scrapping?
I love to read! I also love to do crafts with all my paper scrapping supplies with my daughter!
7. What is one thing you would love to do and haven't - just so you could scrap it?
Hmm. A cruise would be amazing! Any get away really with just me and my hubby would be amazing! We never went on a honeymoon so we still need to get away together just the two of us sometime!
8. Is there anyone in the scrapping community who inspires you?
I love looking through galleries and kits to see what is out there. There are so many incredible people . My current obsession is the designers at the new Scraps N Pieces store (Adriana included!)
9. If you could have Adriana create a kit just for you, what colors, theme, etc would it be and why?
Almost all of my pages are about my daughters so it would have to be something full of lots of girly elements and flowers. I love flowers for my layouts. It would be fun to have a kit with a Latin twist to it with some word art etc in spanish since their father is Columbian.
First Layout - My first layout was using a kit by Best Kept Memories called Dreams of Sea. I like the composition of the layout but definitely did not know how to shadow yet!

Favorite Layout - This layout was created for a Speed Scrap and I just love the way that it turned out! It was one of my first attempts at really clustering more then just a few elements together. I used Midterm by Wendy Tunison.
Layout using Adriana's Cafe - This layout was made using Oh My Berries and is one of the few layouts I have featuring myself! Yup, that is me many many years ago!
 
Most Recent Layout - My most recent layout was created using Sugar Rush by Twin Mom Scraps and a template by Colie's Corner. My daughter just got her first bike and was so proud!
 

Galleries - (SNP is my most active, DST is my most complete)
 

Comments